Sunday, December 25, 2016

A New Idea...

First of all, Happy Holidays to the five people who are following me ;-)  LOL...I seriously need to post more frequently--I think I'd leave myself after so much neglect!!

I made these rainbow mug rugs a few years ago (during my "I'm gonna be a mug rug mogul" phase)...and I use them every day.  But they just sort of blended into the background until a friend's six year old son picked it up yesterday and told me how cool it was... and yes, he is right, it it pretty cool.  I actually have two of them (he didn't see the second one because it was covered in my craft table mess)....



So after the kid left the house, I thought "This mug rug is too cool for me to put my coffee on...what am I thinking??"  Then I thought "Maybe I could make a quilt like this"... using layer cake squares!!  So I grabbed my graph paper and got to sketching...I think I got it!

Now I needed some layer cake squares--so off to the stash I went.  Here is what I pulled (took 3 hours due to the disaster that I jokingly call my "sewing room")... and an interestingly sad movie called "45 Years"...


And a sexy, up-close shot...


I'm gonna work on this a keep you updated.  If looks like it has possibilities, I'll write a little tutorial and show my sketches...

On a side note, I'm doing a serious fabric destash (mostly of fabric that is OOP and I think other people might want a shot at making something from this stuff).  I have some amazing fabric that I never got around to using and now I need to get rid of some stuff.  Check out my Etsy shop destash section...maybe there is something you might like/want/need.... But what I did find in my stash is some cool stuff...



Tons of my favorites by Bonnie and Camille, Kate Spain, Deb Strain, Pam Kitty, Denyse Schmidt, Joel Dewberry, Tula Pink, Amy Butler, etc... All just waiting for some attention.  In the future, you are gonna see a lot more scrap quilts coming from my stash and a lot less fabric being bought from the stores!!  I'm not going to go crazy and keep track of yardage or anything, but let's just say the mail lady is going to forget my name!

So that is my Merry Christmas/Happy Quilting post!  Enjoy your day...we are off to a 24-hour bar and grill called "Henry's" here in Las Vegas for a Christmas Southwest Salad, Ryan will get a cheeseburger, and Rebecca is a wild card (hopefully she gets some crunchy fries for me to steal).

See ya!  And look, Dad, no curse words!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment