Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Absent so long...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I had a busy end of the school year.  I was actually done teaching at the end of April because I had a surgery scheduled for early May.  That took a while to recover from...but now I'm doing well and I'm ready to move on to something new....and I retired from teaching, don't forget that part!!



So during my recovery, I spent a month studying for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board exam.  It is a national exam which certifies that pharmacy techs have some basic skills and drug knowledge.  Most people go to school or work in a pharmacy for a while prior to taking it, but not me.  After studying all day, every day, for a month, I took it and passed.  It was really a personal goal--to show that I was still capable of learning new things.  Twenty-seven years of teaching can turn your mind to mush...

Now I need to find a job at a pharmacy and get 500 hours of work experience to complete my Pharmacy Tech license for the state of Nevada.  Wish me luck!!

ps.   There should be more time available to quilt now that my studying is complete.  In fact, I'm going to go longarm a baby quilt today!!  It has only been loaded on the machine since Christmas break...LOL.  Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, that is only 3.5 months of work to complete your work experience. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete