Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Valentine's Day Mug Rugs...

I dug out my bucket of Valentine's Day fabric and made a few mug rugs this weekend.  Two for me and Rebecca...


And a single Valentine dog for my happily single friend Denise...


I really do like making mug rugs...such a quick and easy project.  To make binding these little things easier, I use a single-fold binding (1.5" strip).  I found a tutorial on single-fold binding here at shecanquilt.  The only difference is I use a slightly bigger strip, but generally the method is the same.  This keeps the binding from being so bulky on a small, light-use item like a mug rug, or mini quilt.

Happy Quilting!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Passerine

    ReplyDelete